We love campers. So we’re always coming up with ways to make them even happier and to make their summers even more unforgettable. Yes, camps are fun, but they are also important. Here are 7 reasons why every child should go to summer camp:
- Get Physically Active – Camp provides an opportunity to be outside and active. Kids can try a new sport or, improve their skills in a sport they already play. Camp lets kids take a break from computers, video games, texting and become more active.
- Develop Social Skills – Camp teaches children to be better communicators and to work together as part of a team. It offers children a sense of belonging and allows them to establish social skills that will help him or her have respect for others.
- Build Confidence – Camp helps kids build self-confidence and self-esteem. When kids are at camp parents aren’t there to help them meet new people or try new activities. Learning how to play tennis, or taking up art makes a child realize how capable he or she is to learn and grow.
- Discover New Interests – Camp provides the right nurturing counselors, facilities and equipment for kids to enhance their sports abilities, budding artistic talents or learn a new skill. With so much to do, campers get the opportunity to try different things and discover new hobbies or passions.
- Gain Independence – Camp is a great place to encourage self-development and also develop independence. Campers can manage their daily activities in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Make Great Friends – Camp offers children the opportunity to develop new and personal friendships. Building these friendships over the summer helps to teach children to be more socially confident – a skill they can use over and over.
- Create Lasting Memories – Camp builds good memories for the future – to enjoy the summer playing tennis, rock wall climbing, learning a new sport and making new friends. Camp is a time of learning, self-discovery and fun!
Advantage Camps are located in mid-town Manhattan, Throgs Neck and Roosevelt Island. Campers enjoy many activities at every Advantage Camp – from playing tennis, to swimming, rock climbing, arts & crafts and more!
To learn more go to advantagecamps.net.