Advanced Singles League
Organized by Tennis Director Jason Speirs, this is New York’s largest and most competitive late night singles league! We welcome 4.0 players and above to our Advanced Singles League with over 60 players participating. You do not need to be a member to play. Our league is complete with a dynamic ladder and Playoffs. This year round league is divided into four seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer) each consisting of 12 weeks plus two weeks for Playoffs. The ASL is ladder based, using several criteria; NTRP, Points (+/- .05 for each win/loss), Win Percentage (wins/total), and Current Streak. Players are ranked this way to encourage more match play and rewards for each win. Depending on your results, you can be moved up or down between divisions. The same two players should not play each other twice during regular season, unless they meet in the Playoffs. You’ll play an assortment of matches, including your division, ones above and below. All matches will be paired at the discretion of the Tennis Director, Jason Speirs.
Matches are played Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings from 9-11pm. You’re welcome to play more than once a week, depending on player availability and courts, just request multiple matches. However, you’re not obligated to play each week either. Your email address will be added to the RIRC Email Newsletter, which is sent weekly. To sign up for the week to come, you can email Jason your availability on Thursday/Friday, or reply to the newsletter email or a email directly from Jason. Participants will receive a reply latest by Sunday evening. If you haven’t received the Newsletter yet, please email Jason immediately. Spots fill quickly, so reply promptly. I’m trying to accommodate everyone, but please understand that managing a league this size isn’t easy and the more flexibility with your schedule the easier it is to arrange a match for you. Even though the league is competitive, cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Please be fair to everyone and willing to replay points if necessary.
- Be on time; 9pm to ensure enough time for a 30 minute warm-up. If there is time remaining, you’re more than welcome to stay and play.
- Play Two sets, with add scoring and a 10 point tie-breaker instead of a third set if you split.
- When you finish your match, the winner must write down the scores on the sign-up sheet on the front desk and print your initials in the appropriate box.
- Partial scores will be dealt with on an individual basis, but ties will only be considered if the player that lost the first set is up at least three games in the second (ie 6-4, 0-3), or a break to close the second (ie 6-4, 3-5).
- Playing one match automatically puts you on the ladder.
- To move up a group, you must either win three matches in a row from your group, or two from your group and one from the group above (still three consecutive wins).
- You’ll be moved down a group if you either lose three matches in a row from your group, or two from yours and one from the group below (still three consecutive losses).
- Players that have played five matches or more in their division will qualify for Playoffs (yes, that means prizes).
- If you lose three matches in a row from the bottom group you’re out of the league and may try again in the next season. This is to ensure the highest possible quality amongst the league.
Thanks for your continuing support and let’s have another great season!
SPRING SEASON LADDER (Updated 5/5)
SPRING WEEKLY SCORES (Updated 5/5)
WINTER PLAYOFF BRACKETS (Updated 5/5)
All Adult Programs listed below adhere to our 24 hour late cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to charge any participant the program price for canceling within the 24 hour period, or not showing. So if you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours in advance!